Friday, May 20, 2011

Theatre--Workshop (Playwriting)

You’ve agonized over every word. You’ve rewritten that final scene at least thirty times. You’ve changed the title more times than you can count.

But now you have a play — all 100 beautiful pages of it.

Now what?

AUI/AURA PRESENTS “THE WORKING PLAYWRIGHT”
This one-day workshop for novice and aspiring playwrights breaks down just what you need to do to get your play off your desktop and into the world. The workshop hits all the nuts and bolts of creating great submission packets, finding opportunities for submission, and the basics of putting on a reading of your own.

The workshop also hits on some basic networking and communication skills so you can make the most of your one-on-one interactions with possible theatre contacts.

SO, WHAT MAKES YOU AN EXPERT?
Simple: I’m a working playwright. I’m what they call an “emerging” or “early career” playwright. I’m a playwright who’s seeing his work produced or read by theatres around the country. And I’m writing plays in a part of the country that isn’t New York or Chicago or L.A.

I’ve been at the playwriting game for the last 10 years, and while I’m not a household name, I’m living the dream of every playwright: audiences are gathering in theatres around the country and seeing my work.

WHO’S THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
This workshop is ideal for any playwright looking to get their script read by theatres around the country without the benefit of an agent. If you’re a playwright with a big dream and a finished script, this workshop is for you.

WHAT’S INVOLVED?
“The Working Playwright” workshop is a day-long workshop, broken into two, three-hour chunks. The workshop group does not exceed 25, so you'll get personal attention throughout the day. You bring your work and your enthusiasm for playwriting – I'll bring the rest.

HOW MUCH?
The cost for the one-day workshop is $30.

WHAT DO I GET?
You'll get some hard-won practical advice on getting your play out into the world. Plus you'll leave with a packet of information that will get your plays (and you!) into the world. Plus, all workshop playwrights will get listed on my website, and companies I collaborate with can connect with you and your work.

HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Just email cody@codydaiglewrites.com for details on registering for the workshop.

---Cody Daigle

No comments: