Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Theatre--Performance (Cast Interviews)



This is the 4th in a series of interviews with the cast of The Complete Women of Shakespeare, an AUI production opening June 8th at Theatre 810



FIVE QUESTIONS WITH: ERICA JURE

1. Who do you play in The Complete Women of William Shakespeare?
          Marchette/ one of the witches

2.What is your role in Second Best Bed?
          Marchette is the sister of Shakespeare's lawyer. She is the one who delivers the news. She's the gang leader of the mean girls.

3.Favorite scene/ favorite line?
          My favorite scene is when the women are asking me about the will and I'm relishing in their curiosity. I'm being very dramatic in my delivery of the news in order to string them along.  My favorite line is," ...and I've breathed not a word to a soul. You know how I detest gossip."


4.Through your character's eyes, what is Second Best Bed about?
          I think this is about self importance for Marchette.I'm the one with the juicy gossip to spill. Everyone
wants to hear from me, so I'm driving this drama between the ladies. I am also throwing the news in Anne's face. I resent her for being married to a famous man. Now that I think he's left her with nothing I can stick it to her that I'm better than she. Throughout the play I am exercising my power over the women and acting like I'm better than everyone.

5.What do I want the audience to take away from the play?
          I hope they realize how harmful gossip is. I also want them to notice how Anne rises above it and she is rewarded in the end. I'd like the audience to be swept away by how romantic and sweet the ending is.

No comments: