Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Theatre--Performance (Cast Interviews)


This is the second in a series of interviews with the cast of AUI's THE COMPLETE WOMEN OF SHAKESPEARE, which opens June 8 at Theatre 810.





FIVE QUESTIONS WITH : LAURA BLUM

1. Who do you play in The Complete Women of William Shakespeare?
          I play Dorothy in The Second Best Bed.

2.  What is your role in Second Best Bed and When Shakespeare’s Ladies Meet?
          Dorothy’s role is that of the “nurturer” of the family. Though she is only the maid, she feels responsible for the family and very protective of Anne.

3.  Favourite Scene to play? Favourite Line?
          My favorite scene to play is the scene where I get to kick the nosey women out of the house.  Favorite line: “Out you silly geese, out.” I also like “Marchette and the others belong in the
fields…..with the crows.”

4.  Through your character's eyes, what are Second Best Bed and When Shakespeare’s Ladies Meet about?
          I haven’t seen or read Shakespeare’s Ladies yet, but I think that, as Dorothy, Second Best Bed is a tribute to Anne and her love for William and her daughters.


5.  What do you hope audiences take away from these two shows?
          I hope that audiences leave the show with a much better understanding of Shakespeare, his family and his female characters! I also hope that audience members who may be new to watching Shakespeare will gain a desire to see a whole Shakespearian play.

No comments: