Thursday, May 31, 2012

Theatre--Performance (Cast Interviews)

This is the next in the series of interviews with cast members of THE COMPLETE WOMEN OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, opening June 8th at Theatre 810.


FIVE QUESTIONS WITH: ANNIE DRONET

1. Who do you play in The Complete Women of William Shakespeare?
          Judith Shakespeare, William and Ann’s youngest daughter.

2. What is your role in Second Best Bed and When Shakespeare’s Ladies Meet?
          My role is to try my best to protect my mother. I want things to stay private by holding on to the secret I hold until it is the right moment.

3. Favourite Scene to play? Favourite Line?
          My favorite scene is when it’s just me and Susanna discussing the events, and how although I take no
sides, I still have faith in my parents love.

4. Through your character's eyes, what are Second Best Bed and When Shakespeare’s Ladies Meet about?
          I believe they’re about the mystery and the man behind the curtain. We will never fully know this mysterious William Shakespeare: the genius, the artist, and the lover.

5. What do you hope audiences take away from these two shows?
          I hope that The Second Best Bed will give a new light to some about Shakespeare’s various speculations and creative takes on as to why Shakespeare did what he did, all the while warming their hearts with this beautiful tale of the romance of a poet. While in When Shakespeare’s Ladies Meet I hope that the light hearted comedy will encourage people to look into Shakespeare’s other works.

No comments: