Thursday, June 7, 2012

Theatre--Performance (Cast Interview)



FIVE QUESTIONS WITH:  MEGAN CONNOR

1. Who do you play in The Complete Women of William Shakespeare?          I play Susanna Shakespeare-Hall in Second Best Bed and Titania, queen of the fairies, from Midsummer Night's Dream in When Shakespeare’s Ladies Meet.
  2. What is your role in Second Best Bed and When Shakespeare’s Ladies Meet?          Susanna, the eldest daughter of Shakespeare. I have to explain to my mother , Anne, that my Father, William Shakespeare, has left most of the inheritance in his Will to me.
3.   Favourite Scene to play? Favourite Line?          My favorite scene is when I help Dorothy shoo the women out of the kitchen like a flock of geese.     Even though it isn't my line, I think the best one is when Marchette says that she "detests gossip."  It makes me giggle every time.  
 4. Through your characters eyes what is Second  Best Bed and When Shakespeare’s Ladies Meet about?          Suzanna has been given almost the entire Family's inheritance.  This puts her in an uncomfortable position, especially when she has to explain this to her mother making her feel almost like the bad guy.  She doesn't believe that Shakespeare loved Anne at all, so she agrees with the gossips.  However, she does not approve of them coming into the house and attacking her mother.  The Second Best Bed is about belief.  While Anne and Judith still believe in Shakespeare, Suzanna does not. 
 5. What do you hope audiences take away from these two shows?          I hope that audiences simply enjoy the shows.  The Second Best Bed is clever and entertaining.  The lines are playful and there are several witty remarks.  There is definitely also a lesson about true love in there somewhere.

No comments: